TWO events upcoming for WARMACHINE & HORDES. These are both running in support of the Journeyman League being run at [elg] Edinburgh Leauge of Gamers. (The League kicked off on 5th July and runs through to the end of September and there are currently 22 gamers playing.)
The first tournament is very soon and is certainly aimed at simply playing four games during the day, rather than being terribly competitive. We believe that for the scene to build we need to get more people involved.
Full Steamroller rules: http://privateerpress.com/files/SR2012_Rules_V1.3.pdf
The cost for each tournament is £10/£6 for [elg] members, lunch is included in the price. Paypal (andy_meechan[at]yahoo[dot]com), or purchase tickets on [elg] club night (6-11pm Wednesdays)
Journeyman Steamroller: Sunday July 29th (10am-6pm)
A tournament aimed at the participants of the [elg] Journeyman League and other newer players with the intent of showcasing the Privateer Press Organised Tournament Play rules (Steamroller.)
- One 15 point Warmachine/Hordes army with an optional second list
- Lists may not have the same Warcaster/Warlock but will be otherwise unrestricted in composition
- Reinforcement scenarios will not be used, so lists will not have a reinforcements allotment
- The tournament will be four rounds and will use scenarios from the Steamroller pack. Print-outs of the scenarios to be used will be provided at the event
- The event will use a timed format, but to make the tournament more relaxed each player will have 7 minute turns instead of 3 minute turns.
September Smash: Saturday September 8th (11am-7pm)
A standard Steamroller event, using baseline tournament requirements.
- One 35 point Warmachine/Hordes army with an optional second list
- Lists may not have the same version (ie, Eiryss, Angel of Retribution) in multiple lists, though different versions may be used (ie, List A has Eiryss, Angel of Retribution whilst List B has Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios)
- Reinforcements (an additional 7 points) must be written and clearly marked with the list they are attached to
- Reinforcements are still subject to the character restrictions
- Players must also bring two flags (40mm) and one objective marker (50mm) to the event
- The tournament will be four rounds and will use standard time limits (7 minutes per player turn)